Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Monkey Mansion Jungalows, Khoa Sok

    February 22, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Our spot for 2 nights. An eco-village in the jungle. They make minimal impact on the local environment and give back to the national park and locals.

    There's a yummy restaurant here and sweet staff. Good thing as there's nothing else nearby. Prices are fair. The owner is a German man, Bastien, who knows all the local tours and sets up his guests. There is surely a Thai co-owner, as Thai law states any foreigner who wants to own a business must have a Thai partner.

    It was pitch dark when we arrived on the first night. The thick morning mist dampens everything. The land here feels ancient & magical.

    The rooms are all cabins that are quite open to the jungle i.e. the critters and sounds. The bathroom has a big window with no screen or glass. The roof doesn't touch the walls. There are no screens on the windows nor the floor-to-ceiling glass doors which make up 2 of the walls. We sleep in mosquito nets. Bastien says staying in an eco-village means sharing our space with critters. 😆 No food allowed in the rooms. They provide a cupboard in the main house where we can store our road-snacks.

    There's a lot of solar energy on the grounds and free purified water refills in the lobby. The latter is a big deal as eveywhere else just hands out disposable water bottles. Not here!

    There are all kinds of exotic plants and trees on the grounds.
    Read more