Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Extreme Sports Tobia

    May 18, 2015 in Colombia ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Another night with few sleep: I had to get up at 5.45 to be on time at the meeting point for my trip to Tobia. In this small village, about 2h north of Bogotá, there are lots of opportunities for ecotourism and extreme sports. I was going to do a whole weekend trip there, which was cancelled though because of the bad whether.
    We started with a typical Colombian breakfast: caldo, huevos pericos, arepas and plátano (stock, scrambled eggs, a kind of a corn bread and plantain). I shared my table with a group of four Colombian students, further there were only the guides and a couple which didn't really talk to anyone. The first part of the activities consisted in climbing down a steep and really slippery hill to reach one of the waterfalls of Río Negro (accompanied by two dogs). From there, we did a rapel (abseiling) 75m down the Wasserfall. Afterwards, we did some trekking, which was basically 1h walking up the steep hill, which was also pretty tiring because of the height and the hot sun. After a little break we were brought to another part of Río Negro, where we did rafting. It was really cool, but since it hadn't rained enough this month, the river was really low and therefore relatively calmed.
    Before heading back to Bogotá, we were served a traditional lunch: sopa de pasta, arroz con abejas, carne y papas (pasta soup, rice with peas, meat and potatoes).
    Read more