Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 53

    Buggerru bash

    April 27 in Italy ⋅ 🌬 18 °C

    We wanted to get to Buggerru, as we had planned to celebrate the eve of my birthday with beach time and a special dinner. The route out of Scivu was hard though. I knew we had overstayed by walking the entire length, Kiran in waist-deep water.

    The route to Buggerru was hard with headwinds and rocky slopes and hurt legs. In our hilly adventures, we had forgotten lunch. So our mood got sullen, we stumbled and hurt our legs and were snappy. So I made an emergency papa wrap sitting in the bush, and that let us go on.

    We reached Buggerru as the sun set. We still went for a fancy dinner, clinked glasses (sprite and gin basil smash) and went to bed late. We got an eve of the birthday treat after all!

    We wanted to have a birthday bash in Buggerru. But we got bashed instead. Such is the road life.

    Next morning, we had another go at a fancy lunch. Then we took the hard way out of Buggerru. This route just turned off from the town center and climbed out straight into the rocky hills. Buggerru is a town set in a sheer rock port, as stunning as any Norwegian fjord town.

    We decided, for the first time, to avoid bush tracks and we took the roadway. We climbed and climbed and climbed up till Montecani. This was deep in the Costa Verde slopes!
    Read more