Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 59

    Southampton, UK

    August 4, 2018 in England ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    The last 3 days definitely have not gone as planned. Yesterday was our photomania (last day of the cruise where it’s super busy with everyone wanting their photos that they had all cruise to pick up). This however was a particularly crazy photomania. So crazy we had a line all the way through our gallery and the bar beside us. To the point where we had to recruit some help. The shops came to our aid, we had the reception manager and even the hotel auditor came and helped. We got there in the end but there was a lot of confusion and people all over the place along the way.
    Then the day before that we had to turn the ship around and make an unscheduled stop in Vigo. We had a sick passenger who needed immediate medical attention. Which meant that today we docked late.
    Jackson and I had made plans to go out together again today but as usual our plans had to change. I worked later then we normally do on turnaround days because of the late docking. Then I got to experience something a little different. The Seaman from Pakistan who died during the cruise was being sent home today. They were bringing him off the ship and wanted it filmed for his family. All the seaman and officers lined the quayside as he was escorted off followed by prayers from his fellow seaman. I tried my best to film everything for his family without being to intrusive well his friends said goodbye. I hope the video gives them some comfort in knowing he was well cared for.
    Read more