Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22–28

    Stocking & Exuma Islands

    March 18 on the Bahamas ⋅ ☀️ 81 °F

    We have not been in one place long while in the area! We initially anchored at the Fish Fry Shacks N of Georgetown, to get protection of Goat Cay from a N blow. That certainly worked and we had a quiet evening by ourselves. But we we woken shortly after 7am by a hail. When I went out, there was a (very) working boat with two Bahamian men from a cargo ship that was now anchored nearby. They explained that they were delivering fuel and that our boat must be more than 500 feet from them “just in case”. So we upped anchor and relocated to the cove immediately S of Goat Cay.

    The next day I visited Exuma Market in Georgetown (one of the best markets in Bahamas) and ran into Ralph & Leslie of sv Now and Zen. We joked that we almost didn’t recognize them, because Ralph wasn’t holding up a huge lobster, a signature FB photo for them. They were up to Georgetown from the Ragged Islands to extend their tourist visa past 90 days (they don’t always award you what you really want to use). We had met them in 2021 in Acklins and enjoyed their company and stories of running a charter business in Jacksonville. We had them over for dinner and a game of Golf.

    As the wind was expected to shift to the E, we followed NandZ over to Honeymoon Beach on the W shore of Stocking Island the following morning. We snagged a spot and that evening had a delicious lobster taco dinner on NandZ with Ralph, Leslie, and Ed and Cathy from sv What If, and Chris and Gosia from sv Solaris.
    Read more