Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 78–80

    Shroud Cay

    13 maj, Bahamas ⋅ ☁️ 81 °F

    Shroud Cay is uninhabited and a national park. It is a very popular place, and has a wonderful, winding dinghy ride through mangroves and hills before reaching the "Washing Machine", where the tidal current flows into the ocean and surf. We swam with the turtles and aquarium fish (juvenile reef fish) in the mangroves and floated out to the surf in the current, after jumping in from an overhanging rock.

    John also took the dinghy out to various spots to snorkel, and knows where to get a giant lobster, next time! The Wax Cay snorkeling spot was too rough that day, with 3-4 ft waves, so he retreated to more protected coral gardens. Then a short trip over to the Normans Cay Marina, just to look at what $7/ft per day gets you. Nice, but not that nice. They're still building it, after 7 years? But it has high quality docks, with cleats and power pedestals that work. The paths are made 10 feet wide with flagstones in concrete. The guest houses are modern and nicely appointed. You get access to the only restaurant on the island, McDuffs, and to the Yacht Club.

    Back to our reality!
    Läs mer