Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Coral Bay

    May 29, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    We spent Friday to Sunday at beautiful Coral Bay enjoying the beauty of the Southern portion of Ningaloo Marine Park. It was so good to spend a few days in one spot enjoying days of sunshine and cloudless skies. We took an organised snorkelling and coral viewing tour on a glass bottom boat on Saturday. The tour leaders we had were Liam from Warnambool, a marine biologist and Jess from near Hobart as the boat skipper. The coral was amazing- whilst not highly colourful, the reef was an superb exhibit of what a diverse coral garden looks like. There was an abundance of colourful fish and the odd turtle for us to enjoy. The water was a bit chilly and despite Angela wearing a full wetsuit it was too cold for her to spend a great deal of time in the water. Duncan managed a few swims in the clear shallows of the bay whilst Ange loved peaceful walks along the beach.
    We were once again spoilt with beautiful sunsets over the Indian Ocean and an extraordinary show by the many twinkling stars in the clear night sky.
    We had some great neighbours in the caravan park one of which was Ray Mole , who had worked as a wool classer at Mena Murtee station , where Duncan had also worked a few years later. Small world. !!
    Off to restock the cupboards etc in Karatha before venturing into Karijini National Park.
    Read more