Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Port Lincoln

    March 15, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Situated on Boston Bay, one of the largest protected natural harbours in the world, in fact three times the size of Sydney Harbour. The natural deep water harbour makes Port Lincoln attractive to large bulk carriers.
    Port Lincoln is also known as the " Seafood capital of Australia " where you can enjoy mouth watering seafood, as well as interact with the amazing sea life from cage diving with the Great Whites, to watching playful Australian sea lions. The town is the ideal base from which to explore the scenic coastline and beaches, and enjoy a myriad of experiences including sailing, scuba diving, kayaking, paddle boarding, surfing, fishing or if the fish aren't biting there are plenty of galleries, museums, shops and restaurants to pass the time.
    The foreshore is also home to a life size bronzed statue of the famous mare , Melbourne Cup three time winner Makybe Diva. The mare owned by Tony Santic, who was a local tuna fisherman. We took Mawson along and let him experience sitting on the super mare.
    The mosaic couch is a peaceful contemplation, conversation and connection artwork. Mawson Sat himself down waiting to experience the scerenity.
    Read more