Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Sappers Bridge towards Tree Top 10.4km

    February 25, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    We had arranged for transport to pick us from Sappers Bridge where we were to drop our car and take us to South Coast Highway so we could hike one way on the Bibbulman Track. Ruby discovered she had a slight fever, and so the long hike and transport was cancelled. However, she was insistent on visiting her Tall Trees, so we went to Sappers Bridge with a plan to walk 3km towards Tree Top walk (in the drizzle), and then return. Ruby suddenly felt all better, so we hiked till just after 5km when I had to insist we desist and return. Early in the walk, Ruby tried to scale a log and strained her quadriceps. She refused to admit injury but did allow me to put a knee brace on. Somehow, I managed to get blamed for removing her from the forest and cause pain to her knee. Apparently, there was no pain during the whole hike, but pain and swelling only happened once we arrived at the accommodation.

    During the walk, Ruby found her Trilogy Trees and insisted we sit on the damp forest floor in the middle of the trees. I must admit that it was rather magical. Shortly after, we passed a group of about 8 elderly ladies charging towards Boxall Road.

    It was a lovely walk, and I'm now going to treat Ruby's knee as I'm sure she'll want to hike again tomorrow.
    Read more