Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Albany Day 4

    December 30, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Bald Head Hike

    We had ham variation number two today as ham sandwiches.

    We started at 8am to hike up Bald Head.
    The track improvements to Bald Head had just finished. There were 17 cars parked already. We were used to being the only ones on this hike . Never known it to be so busy . We prefer the raw difficult hikes where nobody goes .

    It took us 3 hrs 50mins to get to the end of the peninsula. Almost 7hrs to finish the walk.
    The views were as spectacular as ever. The walk was still challenging even with the trek upgrade. They have added 100s of steps and board walks which made it easier then on sand dunes but much harder as there were so many steps.

    With so many people on the track, it was interesting to see the parade of fashion. Many yummy young females wore a full face of makeup and trendy figure clinging exercise lycra tights under crop bra-like tops. One lady even hiked in a cotton sundress one could wear to lunch at a winery. Lots of skin was on parade. I don't know how they went through tight narrow paths with overgrown scratchy shrubs.
    Read more