Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Cesky Krumlov Day 1

    October 6, 2023 in Czech Republic ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    We woke up bright and early, to early for our bus to Cesky Kromlov. We had one last walk around Telc, taking in this very pleasant colourful and lovely little town.

    We got to the main bus station with 20 mins to spare. Bus was suppose to arrive at 1020am. At 1030am, we were starting to worry if we were at the right stop because there was no one there. After confirming with 2 bus drivers that we were at the correct stop, panic was averted. The bus was 20 minutes late. I am such a good sleeper, I slept at the beginning on the journey and seated next to me was a young girl. When I woke up an hour later, an old lady was in her place. I didn't think I slept so long.

    The walking tour for Cesky Kromlov was done by a guide that lived in the old town and grew up there. He gave great insights, quirks, and very good history of Cesky Kromlov.
    He pointed out bears in what was once a moat of the Rosenberg Castle.

    Dinner was at the guide 's family restaurant and hotel, that his father bought post communist era for a song. Dinner was delicious.

    Distance walked 11.9 km
    Read more