Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    Telc Day 2 Hike and Explore Town

    October 5, 2023 in Czech Republic ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    Started the morning early with the Lipky Trail. We saw the trail brochure at the foyer of our hotel-like accommodation. The owner here very cleverly decided to have one good coffee machine shared amongst all the little self catering rooms rather than a basic one for each room.

    The funniest story on the trail boards read that a Prince went hunting and fell into a pit. He made a vow that if saved he would devote his life to a Carmalite order. Even the Pope's despensation, did not desuade him to leave the order to marry. So lineage died out. Then another son was struck by lightning on the same spot and his mother built a chapel over the site where the pit was as a memorial for her son. Pretty dangerous hike for the both of us at this particular spot.

    WE were ravenous after the 6km hike and had a main course each at lunch. The rest of the afternoon was spent wandering around Telc. It's a quiet sleepy town that is sometimes disturbed by hoards of tourists descending from monstrous tour buses. The renaissance town square lined with pastel coloured burgher homes. We avoided the hoards by walking in the back lanes and alleys as well.

    After our enormous lunch there was only room for salad for dinner.

    Distance walked 20km
    Read more