Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 48

    Pecs Day 1

    October 28, 2023 in Hungary ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    We did not have to leave Budapest till 11am so we had a visit to the Hunyadi Square Saturday Food Markets. We noticed that mostly locals go there to do their shopping. We bought some sausages, a paprika pork belly slice, some veggies, all with the intention to make stew in Pecs. As we still had time, we returned to Aran bakery to buy a chocolate croissant for our train journey incase there was another delay and an almond croissant and a savoury Danish for our breakfast.
    The train journey went without a hitch, the chocolate croissant was a good snack anyway as we did not have lunch.
    Pecs accommodation is spacious, with the most comfortable bed so far and best of all, no keys. You enter and exit using numbers on an electronic keypad locking system for the big doors out the front and combination locks on the doors leading into the rooms. Most fascinating and very practical.
    After unpacking, we were now famished and headed to a Persian restaurant in the town centre. Very well priced and delicious dinner of kebabs, butter fried chicken and rice, washed down with aromatic Persian tea.
    The owner of the restaurant then proceeded to be our tour guide telling us the highlights of Pecs when he learnt that we were from Australia and had just arrived in Pecs that very day.

    The walk back to the apartment after dinner was lovely gazing at the aspect of a full moon night against the cathedral spire.

    Distance walked 5.1 km
    Read more