Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 51

    Leaving Pecs - Zagreb Day 1

    October 31, 2023 in Hungary ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    We did a visit to the Mosque Church or Mosque of Pasha Gazi Kassim or The Church of the Purification of the Virgin Mary, and the Csontvàry Museum as our train to Zagreb is not leaving till 1619h.
    Took a long time to have a slow lunch at King Matthias Restaurant and then coffee so that we could make use of the time waiting for the train to Zagreb.
    Arriving in Zagreb at 2210h with 1 train change. It turns out that there were 2 train changes as they may have amalgamated 2 trains as there weren't enough passengers on our express train. We did not get to Zagreb till 2240h.
    I then made the huge mistake of getting into a taxi that was outside the train station when we were forwarned to only get Uber ones as the fares are fixed. As we were already in the taxi and our suitcases were in the boot, he tells us the meter was on his phone when asked where the meter was. He then wanted to charge us 40€ when the Uber was only going to be 4.76€ for a 2.5 km ride. I paid him 5€ and told him I wasn't going to pay anymore. He then proceeded to hurl abuse at us, took the 5€ and tore it up. He then got into his car and continued to hassle us moving his car forward and back yelling at us whilst we are trying to get into the apartment. Most dreadful experience.

    Distance walked 10.2km
    Read more