Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Delayed...the sequel

    May 19, 2017 in Argentina ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    After a day at the hotel, we received on the Thursday 18 may at 19:00 a confirmation that the flight will be operated the next day at 12:00, that the counter will open at 08:00 but arrange a bus from the hotel to the airport at 09:00.

    A new plane will take us back to frankfort while they repair the first one.

    At around 20:00 we received an email from Lufthansa with a booking for a flight to lyon with a connection to Paris departing on Sat 20 may at 16:55...

    We try to call them to figure out what is going on but all Argentinian, French and German help desks was closed at this time.

    We decided to book a taxi early morning to the airport at our expense.

    We arrived at the airport at 07:30. The lufthansa counter was 034 to 040 but the line was opened to queue in. So we decided to wait around. Few people start to gather around as the time passed by.

    At 07:55 a fair amount of people was waiting when a guy from the security told us that the counter was now 05 to 06...we went their and about the same amount of people was also waiting there with neither queue line opened yet.

    I sneak myself where I believed the queue would open.

    When the queue finally opened at 08:35 I was on the 3rd position. Yay...

    At the counter the girl Confirmed we have been booked on another flight by mistake and they are going change our booking so we can take this flight. The problem is that the person delete our reservation for our old flight to make a new one of Saturday. And now they try to book us back on the old one.

    Fun fact: apparently you cannot book someone on a past reservation....

    They asked us to wait a bit while they try to arrange something.

    They then gave us a voucher to get a breakfast to the very same restaurant we have been a couple of days ago where the food and people was so awful that we haven't left a tip for the first time in 3 weeks of hollidays...

    That is where we currently are.
    Read more