Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Akureyri North Iceland

    June 30, 2017 in Iceland ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    Stunning place !!!! No luggage 😫Here we are in North Iceland and it is so picturesque. We have just had an amazing day driving through huge valleys with rugged mountains covered in snow. We have seen quaint fishing villages nestled on the shores of fjords. We hired a car but we have a guide Oskar who Alex recommended who has been so greatHe drives and can answer any questions you ask. He took us to the farming valley where he was born and to see pretty towns and took us up to the snow fields above this town as well. Unfortunately when we flew from Oslo there was a big problem at the airport and our checked in bags never arrived in Iceland and we have flown from the south to the north and it has been about 36 hours since we have seen our bags. We have only the clothes we wore and worst all of Bette's tablets are in her port. We have had Oskar who has been so kind ringing the airline for us all day and got us to see a young doctor at the hospital today to prescribe some essential meds and then got us to a pharmacy. He had been a godsend but it is night time now and still no bags . My camera battery charger and other chargers are all in the bags as well as clothes shoes makeup sooo we are grubby and very cross . But having said that we have had a fabulous day and we are doing our best to stay calm and hope we surely will see our bags tomorrow.

    Oskar has another big day planned for us tomorrow. Thanks Alex he has been brilliant.
    Will try to paste a few photos as well.
    Love
    B and B xxx
    Read more