Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 41

    Geiranger

    July 28, 2017 in Norway ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Every day has been a surprise. We thought today's excursion might be a bit the same as the day before. However it was really different and exciting. We arrived and woke up in this amazing fjord. It was very cloudy and cooler and we thought the visibility for our trip up the mountains above the fjord wouldn't be very good. At the first stop it was very cloudy but as we climbed higher the clouds and mist started to roll away .We then began to climb all these really sharp hair pin bends all the way up to 3500 feet where there was still snow on the ground, great gushing waterfalls and a beautiful lake where we had coffee and yummy jam doughnuts. Our guide was Spanish and called Jesus and made all the worst jokes about his name. The roads are really narrow and when two buses pass it really is white knuckle stuff. There are lots of tiny electric cars that people hire. In fact it will be obligatory to drive an electric car in Norway in the near future. As the boat set off this afternoon we rugged up and went up to the front of the ship as we made our way back through the fjord with amazing waterfalls thundering down the sides. We have finished the day seeing a live show of Singers and Dancers doing some great harmonies of Manhattan Transfer , the Beatles and others. So I had better get some sleep as we are off early for a zodiac ride along a new fjord with a naturalist aboard and then up in a cable car. Probably scream all the way up. Anyway guys hope adventures are not boring you.
    Love to everyone. We miss you all and will be back home before you know it .

    Lots of love

    B& B
    Read more