Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 151

    An active day

    October 4, 2015 in Honduras ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    We all slept in, then headed to our usual cafe for breakfast. Unfortunately it is closed on Sundays but luckily the bakery wasn't so we stocked up on pancakes and more cinnamon rolls. We then went in search of iced coffee for Anna but it was closed. We did however see an iguana. We stopped at another place for smoothies but they were weak and tasteless.

    We suncreamed up and headed down to use the kayaks but by the time we were ready some kiwis had taken them out. We chilled in the hammocks for an hour or so until they returned and then paddled around the bay for an hour. It was lovely to be out on the water and be in the sun without getting too hot. Afterwards, we went for a snorkel and jumped / dived / somersaulted off the dock.

    Next on Drill Sergeant Hannah's Agenda (she hasn't quite adjusted to slow paced island life yet): a walk to a snorkelling point 20 minutes up the road. We passed the beach we had previously snorkelled off which had been deserted, which was transformed at the weekends - full of locals with music everywhere. When we reached the snorkelling spot, it was 50L to access the pier - we didn't know about this and hadn't bought any money. There was nobody around but we felt uneasy about using it so walked back.

    Then to complete our active day Anna and I went for another snorkel off the dock and found the big green moray eel and watched the beautiful sunset. We had fajitas with Katelin at the hostel bar then had an early night as we were all shattered - more exercise than we've done in ages...nice to be active again.
    Read more