Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 185

    Biting fish and scratched knees

    7 de noviembre de 2015, Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    It was drizzling most of the morning but we braved the rain to head out to share a fruit salad and more nutella pancakes. By midday the rain had turned to cloudy sunshine and I headed straight to the beach. Within an hour, just as Anna joined me, it became more overcast, but was still pleasant enough to stay and read / snooze for a few hours.

    Anna went in swimming but didn't last long as she said a fish kept slapping and then biting her! She then went off in search of cheetos but soon came back traumatised by a small scratch to her knee from slipping over in a puddle. I had to do the lunch run instead as she said she couldn't possibly manage now she was injured!

    We went for a long walk up the beach and were rewarded with the most magnificent sunset skies on our return. Absolutely stunning.

    For dinner we went to an Italian: Edelyn’s, where I had a huge bowl of tomato spaghetti served with a basket of about 6 slices of bread! Anna had some fish served with a huge basket of tacos plus a disgusting beer drink served with spicy tomato juice (240P). There seemed to be 2 different music tracks playing plus a band practising upstairs making our heads up funny.

    We noticed that the ATM was finally working but alas our card didn't work. Looks like we'll have to pay our hotel by paypal and incur a hefty fee :(

    Anna saw a small black scorpion on her way upstairs to collect some water. Apparently they are harmless. But if you see a white or yellow one: run!!!
    Leer más