Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 184

    Time to start on the Ark

    November 6, 2015 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    I was woken up at about 7am by the pouring rain and Anna jumping outside to rescue our drying sarongs - now drenched. After some more sleep we went back to the same place for breakfast. The roads were even more flooded today so getting anywhere was a bit of an obstacle course.

    Yesterday the cafe was empty, today it was packed! We waited outside a while until a table became free and then ordered 2 lots of pancakes (called hot cakes in Mexico). Instead of a small jug of nutella, the lady brought out an entire tub for us! Needless to say she received a good tip!

    We changed rooms to a non-superior one...but it still seems quite superior to us…instead of one huge bed we have two doubles and nicer soaps; but no hammock to swing in.

    The sky was still overcast so we figured we’d give it a while before deciding what to do. I fell back asleep (cramps day :( ) and shortly after waking, it started to pour with rain again - crazily heavily with a bit of thunder and lightning for good measure.

    When the rain eased up we ventured out for an early dinner and ended up at the market where Anna had a huge plate of ceviche and tostadas and I had some veggie soup and we shared a litre of pineapple juice (100, 60, 40P). The soup was quite plain but delicious and lovely to have a ton of goodness after the last couple of nights of cheese overload.

    We went back to the room and read the night away. It continued to rain on and off. The main road outside the hotel is now a complete river. If this continues I think we may need to start building an Ark!
    Read more