Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 189

    Beach day

    November 11, 2015 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    We got up, went to the beach, and paid for some sunbeds and a parasol for the whole day (200P). I wasn't hungry so Anna went off to have pancakes (50P) whilst I lay in the sun and swam. She brought me back her leftovers she couldn't manage plus a coconut.

    We took it in turns to snorkel along the beach. The swimming area is buoyed off from the boat channel which comes really close to shore, so you can't swim out far but you can swim along. The swim to the pier was really fast but then it was a battle to get back against the current. There wasn't much to see except a few fish and crabs.

    We spent the rest of the day in the shade, reading, swimming and eating ice cream and cheetos. We were kicked off our sunbeds at 5pm so lay on the sand until sunset. Our first full day at the beach on our travels...relaxing bliss :) Despite staying in the shade for most of the day, we somehow both managed to go home with pink faces and chests. Anna's face was so pink it matched her bright pink Galapagos t shirt, whilst my goggle marks have worsened to raccoon status.

    After showers and some aftersun, we went to Picus, a place by the shore and I had a plate of grilled veggies which were slightly tasteless until I borrowed some of Anna's creole-esque sauce from her ‘Devil fish’ (230P).
    Read more