Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 196

    Cancun

    November 18, 2015 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Anna was still feeling rough when she awoke - 2 day hangover!! I had some coco pops but she didn't want anything. We packed and then hung around until midday when we caught the ferry back to the mainland.

    During the short ride, Anna's sunglasses suddenly snapped as mine had a week ago. We taped them back up with my magical blue kinesio tape which has come in very handy - my watch, sunnies and flip flops are all patched up; the flip flops have been literally hanging on by a thread for the last week!

    We caught a taxi (100P) to the Hotel International Caribe (500P) and checked in - nothing fancy but it has a pool in case we get a chance for some last minute rays tomorrow morning (cloudy this afternoon). Anna needed junk food to fix her so we had lunch at Burger King.

    Then we headed to mercado 28, which is full of touristy shops. After less than an hour we couldn't take any more of the samey shops and haggling for prices. We went to a huge supermarket and then came back via Las Palapas park which had a lovely family atmosphere, full of street food and toy cars for kids to drive. Our last meal was at El Asador for veggie fajitas and the best garlic fish Anna's had (272P).
    Read more