Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 49

    Submerged in The Kimberleys

    June 13, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Howdy all, has been some time since our last footprint but all that time has been spent here in The Kimberleys.This region is simply awesome, nothing like it from the west to the east the landscape leaves you gob smacked.

    So Questro Station & Emma Gorge down through Fitzroy Crossing & Geike Gorge & Tunnel Creek onto Derby. Couple of great roadside rest areas along the way which had more vans in them than caravan parks. Just when you thought it couldn't get any busier, it has , even allowing for Victorians in lockdown.

    I won't mention the weather, only to say it hasn't changed one bit in 6 weeks.

    Yesterday we had one of those unforgettable experiences flying by seaplane up to the far reaches of The Kimberley to see & ride the Horizontal Falls. What a day! Magnificent!

    Went to the local 'mud crab ' races here in Derby late yesterday afternoon at the Mary Island Fishing Club. What a hoot! Funniest thing. Left before it got too rowdy.

    Any way, we are travelling very well & Maisy is too. Heading off to Broome tomorrow to join the other 10's of thousands down there Time for car & van to get a good wash, service etc. Kimmy off to the hairdressers as well.
    Read more