Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 716

    BsAs - part 2

    December 29, 2019 in Argentina ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    Life has been good here in Buenos Aires. A little mellow and some days I feel a little guilty that we haven’t done more touristy things or venturing outside our nice neighborhood of Palermo. But then again it’s been relaxing after numerous weeks being on the go to just work out, get a few things done at cute cafes and enjoy all the parks.

    That being said, we are slowly working through our list of “Buenos Aires Must Dos.”

    We finally did a walking tour of the city center, where we learned a bit more about Evita and other aspects of Argentine history.

    We took advantage of the crazy exchange rate and went to a fancy closed-door restaurant - this one was a sommelier who decided to turn his gorgeous 19th century home into a dining space for 10 guests 2x a week. We got a delicious multi-course meal, a lot of good wine (too much it turned out!) and great conversation with fellow diners.

    I’ve been taking Spanish classes from a great tutor who is teaching me all about Argentine culture and lots about the different words and weird pronunciation here (double Ls are not like a y in other Spanish speaking countries but rather a sh- sound).

    Finally after 3 weeks here we’ve been making a few more friends. While I don’t love a lot of things about Facebook, I do love the way it allows you to connect with fellow travelers.

    But sadly since we only have a week left here, time to get the final activities off our to do list - a day trip to Tigre, a river delta area north of Buenos Aires; an alfajores baking class; and a tango show. Time to get it all in!
    Read more