Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    Munich, Germany

    June 26, 2022 in Germany ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Last city in Germany for a bit! Munich was a quick stop, but we managed to hit some highlights! We walked through Marienplatz, chased pigeons and admired Munich's famous ginormous glockenspiel.

    Along the way to our next stop, the kids took a quick dip and cooled off in a fountain. They enjoyed this very much! And the girls climbed a tree in yet another country.

    We were headed to the English Garden, the Central Park of Munich. The English Garden was larger and further distance than anticipated. We prefer to walk most places for exercise and to avoid masking up for public transportation. Since we arrived in the afternoon, the kids were pooped. Seth and the two blondies fell asleep on the grass using me as a pillow as soon as we arrived, while Demi and I people watched in the park.

    We walked deeper into the garden and the girls were so surprised to find a "real life" lazy river that was flooded with people. We arrived at a Biergarten with German grub and a lovely playground. They had pretzels that looked as if they could feed a family of ten among other delicious food.

    Goodbye pretzels and cheap beer for now. Headed to the land of pasta, pizza and wine. Yes, we are eating our way through Europe. ;)
    Read more