Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Wilpattu National Park

    August 3, 2018 in Sri Lanka ⋅ 🌬 32 °C

    Second day: Ride to the National Parc

    The breakfast was very delicious. We got Pol Roti, Parippu (lentil curry) and Pol Sambol (Grated coconut with lemon and chillie). We thought this day is gonna be better than the first one. But unfortunately we got to know the downside of the country. I think it's also a disadvantage three girls travelling together, because they always try to rip you off and we're not really used to bargain. They wanted to convince us to book a driver (who speaks english) for one part of our trip. But we were really distrustful and prefered to meet the guide first. Not surprisingly, the driver couldn't speak English at all.
    We also paid too much just to go from Negombo to our next stop the National Park. The driver was very friendly though, eventhough he cheated us later.

    The National Park:

    At dawn, we were already up for our next destination: Wilpattu National Park. It is known for its leopards and that’s what we hoped for. With a rented car,its driver and a guide, our chances would be quite good.
    The first animal we saw were tourists. It is hard to believe, but so far we had not met any other tourists.
    Other animals like peacocks and deers were quite easy to spot. Crocodiles, eagles, monkeys and much more crossed our way.
    But our highlight were the two leopards cubs.
    Firstly,we thought we would miss them because the many tourists were in the way. Luckily the leopards moved and came really close by and we were really happy. After two minutes we left them on purpose, because we didn’t want to bother them any longer.
    ~Edmée
    Read more