Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Victoria

    August 19, 2017 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 64 °F

    Although we love Seattle, our visit to the city was short lived. We boarded the 9am ferry for a 2.5 hour trip to Victoria. The entire journey was really scenic: lots of green islands lining the Puget Sound, the snow-capped mountains of the Olympic National Park in the backdrop, and the bigger waves in the Strait of Juan de Fuca crossing into Canada, all under blue skies and sunshine.

    We arrived in beautiful Victoria and met Johanna's sister, Ludia, and her boyfriend, Tim, who had arrived the night before. We explored the downtown area and grabbed a bite to eat before heading to Fisherman's Wharf for a kayak trip in the harbor.

    It was seal pupping season so we were hoping to see some baby seals but unfortunately the wind had picked up at the beginning of our trip and we didn't make it to the pupping area. While we did see a few seals, it wasn't quite as exciting as we had hoped.

    For dinner, we found a highly rated burrito/taco joint that didn't disappoint. It was the first time for half of the party to try a burrito and it probably won't be their last. We capped off the night with a few cocktails at a lively bar.
    Read more