Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Munich Shopping

    September 16, 2017 in Germany ⋅ 🌙 8 °C

    Our flight to Munich seemed to start descending just after we got in the air. A quick flight with a kit kart bar and a cup of coffee (which I proceeded to spill in my lap during a minor bit of turbulence).

    We arrived and made it through the huge airport to get our luggage. The S1 subway train took us downtown to our hotel (something like taking the train during stampede ... very busy... except the Bavarian outfits are so much classier than the typical Nashville North apparel).

    We checked in at Hotel Metropol. Lovely location and helpful staff. We quickly got settled before going shopping at Angermaier. They have beautiful traditional clothing... the dirndls range from €100-1000. I did try on the €1000 one upon Tyler's suggestion... what a bad influence! Tyler and I both agreed it wasn't what I was going for. After close to two hours in the busy store, I came out with a beautiful dirndl in a light green color at a much more moderate price (photos tomorrow) and Tyler added an extra shirt and nifty pair of socks to his Brier lederhosen outfit. We finished there at 6 pm (living on only that kitkat bar since noon). Time to eat!!!

    We stopped at Augustiner beer haus for supper... two pork knuckles!!! Delicious and crispy!

    Now the jet lag is settling in as we go to bed at 9 pm before our first full day tomorrow!
    Read more