Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Flat World ???

    January 27, 2023 in El Salvador ⋅ 🌙 77 °F

    We are off to prove the World is NOT flat ... by "going around it". I know you have been waiting for Karen and I to solve this question. Forget gravity, solar problems, tectonic plates, and magnetic fields (I’m sure my sailor friends are scratching their heads right now as to why we think this is a question).

    Pythagoras (550BC) used math to prove it was round, Aristotle (350BC) provided arguments that the Earth was a sphere. Still, Columbus had trouble getting funding to do the trip. Finally, with advances in navigation (and ships), Magellan did not make it around the world, but he did discover the Straits of Magellan and the Pacific Ocean (it was calm). He died on the trip but his MATE, Juan Sebastian el Cano1522 finished the trip. Good thing there was a Mate.

    Note: Magellan made most of the trip and did discover the Straits of Magellan, crossed the Equator and found and named the Pacific because it was calm in 1521.

    “Unlike the Mediocre, Intrepid Spirits Seek Victory Over Those Things That Seem Impossible...it Is with an Iron Will That They Embark on the Most Daring of All Endeavors... to Meet the Shadowy Future Without Fear and Conquer the Unknown.” Magellan

    Now, once and for all we are off to prove it. Can you tell sunrise from sunset?
    Read more