Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 102

    Dubai, UAE - Shared Heritage - 3 of 3

    26. huhtikuuta 2023, Yhdistyneet Arabiemiirikunnat ⋅ ⛅ 86 °F

    The concept is to highlight the shared heritage of the region. The museum is unique for including in its collection historical Jewish artifacts of the Middle East, its contribution to coexistence, which was the message of the 2020 Abraham Accords regarding diplomatic ties, economic, trade, security, and tourism connections.

    The museum includes many interesting and beautiful old maps and timelines of Jerusalem, a Czech Torah scroll which survived the Holocaust, and a pre-Holocaust Ketubah, a bowl with Hebrew, Aramaic and Arabic inscriptions, an original letter from Theodor Hertzl and mezuzahs on the doors together with a curtain from the era of the Ottoman Sultan Suleiman that once covered the door of the Ka’aba in Mecca. The UAE’s decision to teach Holocaust in schools (with the assistance of Yad Vashem) is important in educating the Arab youth and making them understand that the Holocaust was a crime against humanity. The Emirates opened an embassy in Tel Aviv in July 2021!

    While small in size, it was a powerful experience. From here we went back to the ship to get ready for Israel's Memorial & Independence Day service.
    Lue lisää