Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 106

    Mumbai, India- Pr. Wales Museum, History

    April 30, 2023 in India ⋅ ☀️ 86 °F

    The Prince of Wales Museum was a pleasant surprise in that we didn’t expect a large museum filled with an incredible variety of artifacts dating back 2000 years. Also interesting was the fact that none of these precious and non-replaceable relics were in air-conditioned environments. Rather they all were in warm if not hot rooms. We guess that if they are always in these conditions rather than changing ones (cold and hot depending on times of the year) then they are adapted and last. Who knows?

    The museum was established during the early 20th century and considered as a heritage structure in Mumbai because of its admirable architecture. There are several collections of ancient artworks, sculptures and artifacts textiles and Krishna and Indian traditional costumes. It also has 2000 rare miniature paintings. We enjoyed our time there and tried to cover as much as we could in our hour or so of running around this enormous museum. Don't miss the 3 photos of The Buddha Within (very cool ) and the other pieces of art that stood out ot us and we photographed. Another place worth coming back to!
    Read more