Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 109

    Mangalore, India - 2 of 2 Fruit&Spice

    May 3, 2023 in India ⋅ ☁️ 90 °F

    We visited the Soans farm which started in 1926 as an experiment in irrigation and now has over 30 crops like coconut, pineapple, cashew nut, mango, sapota, vanilla, arcca, bread fruit, banana , jack fruit, cocoa. They also started macadamia, langsat, mangosteen, dragon fruit, abiu and jaboticaba which came from other parts of the world. It also grows many spices including pepper, nutmeg, clove, allspice and cinnamon.

    We saw all these fruits, spices and more (I stopped counting at 20). Some great varieties of bamboo are grown here, and we walked among them learning how some grow as fast as a foot a day. They also produce medicines and experiment in and energy healing using dowsing, pyramids, medicine wheel and labyrinths (note: the earth’s magnetic force helps them decide where to plant and what!) There are now over 170 plant types on the property. Along with a very educated guide, we walked around the property to take in the sights of all these trees, bushes, plants and to experience all the smells and beauty. Oh yes, we also had the best fresh made pineapple juice anywhere. Fun experience.
    Read more