Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 137

    Koh Samui, Thailand

    31. Mai 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 88 °F

    Located in the Gulf of Thailand is Koh Sumui, a 9-mile-wide island of Beaches and Buddhas. Until the 20th century it was self-sufficient island, in no way connected with Thailand but it has grown in the last 40 years and is now an international destination. We were in Koh Samui 4 years ago and did the “highlights” tour where we saw many Buddha Temples and beautiful murals including visits to Wat Plai Laem and Guanyin’s thousand hands and the 40 foot Buddha at Wat Pha Yai. Along with coconuts to eat and drink everywhere and a monkey show, these sites hould not to be missed.

    So, what did we do? We took a local tender boat for a long but relaxing ride into the port. We walked around town and chatted with the friendly local people. Karen discovered a salon and had a mani/pedi. While Karen was “busy”, Bruce walked around, met some friends, window shopped for shirts and Havdalah candles (no luck), bought some beautifully painted cards and hung out at “the road less traveled” (see photos).

    Note: Karen’s “treatment” created a bit of an adventure because they required local currency "bhat" to pay and wouldn’t take credit cards or US dollars (surprising), so Bruce ran around town trying to exchange cash and finally found a friendly bank while Karen sat there and held her captive (LOL).
    Weiterlesen