Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Cenote Azul

    April 10, 2022 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 81 °F

    We took a day trip out to another cenote - they are a family favorite. The water is SO crystal clear, and on a hot day, the cool spring water is really refreshing. There was a 12 meter cliff people were jumping from. Adam got his courage up and jumped - I opted out of this one, a little too high for me - but Jordan stole the show as the only person in the whole place who was diving! There were a lot of people there, as it was a Sunday. A very supportive crowd cheering for the jumpers. Adam got a rouse of applause from the whole place when he went, and Jordan got a loud “woooooh”.

    We had lunch at a little makeshift snack stand. A young girl was making homemade empanadas filled with cheese. As we are this large iguanas joined us.

    Getting there was a chore. We didn’t have the rental car anymore so we walked a couple miles and made our way to a “collectivo” - a shared shuttle bus the locals use to get around parked under an underpass. Not a lot of English spoken, but we got our point across. Getting back was even more interesting - we were told to cross the very busy freeway, stand there till we saw a van approaching at 60 mph and wave them down. We opted out of that experience and took a taxi back.
    Read more