Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 39

    Last Adventure day

    April 29, 2022 in Costa Rica ⋅ ⛅ 70 °F

    We had our last adventure day in Costa Rica today. We went to Buena Vista Adventure Park which was a beautiful complex with every activity to do in one place.

    We started out zip lining - this time half as high, and much slower than last time. I was much more at ease, and much happier.

    After that, we rode horses for 45 min into the jungle towards a waterfall and hot springs. Couldn’t swim in the waterfall, but could in the hot springs! There were mud baths and five differing pools. After the hot springs, we headed for the longest jungle water slide in the world - 4500 meters. I passed, as reviews showed a lot of injuries in older people, but jordan went for it (3 times) and loved it.

    After that we watched a culture demonstration - native pottery making, Costa Rican coffee and food samples and then watched how they used to squish sugar cane to make brown sugar. Topped the day off with a great buffet lunch and we were pretty happy.

    While walking, they taught us about the parasite tree. It grows from bird droppings high in the canopy and then slowly grows downward and takes over the existing tree. I have a couple pics of one.

    Overall a great last day.
    Read more