Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 80

    Venice

    June 9, 2022 in Italy ⋅ 🌧 63 °F

    Miles: 8.4 Steps: 20060
    Flights stairs: 8

    We woke up to rain on the roof of our cabin. Bad weather has been a rarity on this trip. I believe we’ve only dealt with rain once in almost 80 days, so this was a surprise. It was stormy for most of the day, and it definitely took away from the magic of this magical city. But we made due as best we could, and were extra grateful for the spectacular weather yesterday!

    We took the water taxi out to a small island, Murano. They do glass blowing there, and we were able to watch a few demonstrations and tour some factories. Then we headed back to Venice, and got lost walking around in all the small streets. Actually blown glass is huge here and sold everywhere. You can’t walk ten feet without seeing a store full of blown glass. We must have looked at hundreds of items today as we walked. I really enjoyed taking the main water taxi thru the entire length of the grand canal - took almost an hour but was able to see so much of the city that way. We then did a glass bead making workshop. It was very fun molding our own glass beads. Can’t wait to see what we created tomorrow.
    Read more