Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 129

    Athens, Greece!!

    July 28, 2022 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 95 °F

    Miles: 4.9 Steps: 12927
    Flights stairs: 26

    Today was pretty amazing - we spent the day walking around the Acropolis in Greece. Along with the Parthenon there’s another 5 or 6 temples on the hill. Everything was originally built between 500-600 BC. I find it crazy that they are still standing after wars, earthquakes, being taken over by other countries - they’ve had to be restored many times I guess, but still … pretty awesome that something that old is still standing.

    We ate lunch at the foot of the Acropolis .. we’ve decided we like to eat “at the foot of things”. 😂 Mt Vesuvius, Eiffel Tower, the Matterhorn, The colosseum … food at the base of famous places is just more fun! We both loved all the Italian food — can’t go wrong with pizza and pasta — but today the greek food was the best!!! We’ll be in Greece ten days and I don’t think I’ll get tired of it.

    It’s still really hot hear - 95°-100°, but as the saying goes “it’s a dry heat” so actually no where near as uncomfy as Naples or Rome.

    After the Acropolis we went clothes shopping. The joy of being on the road for this many weeks and only having a weeks worth of clothing packed is we wear things out. And sometimes we just learn that what we brought isn’t really working for the weather or culture we’re in. So we have to shop now and again. I think we’re both loosing weight or at least firming up … I usually wear XL and to my amazement I fit into mediums today. Jordan is usually a small and she needed XS. I’d say it’s just European sizing, but we were shopping at American Eagle, so unlikely. I guess that’s what averaging 6 miles a day does for you.
    Read more