Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 192

    Jordan’s day

    September 29, 2022 in Vietnam ⋅ 🌧 79 °F

    Today we celebrated Jordan’s 24th birthday here in Vietnam! She got a hot oil full body massage and facial done, which she absolutely loved.

    Then we went in search of a quality chocolate chip cookie!! Here in Vietnam desserts are rare. The Vietnamese aren’t huge on sweets - their idea of a dessert is a plate of fruit at the end of a meal. So it’s hard to find much, and Jordan has been craving a great cookie! So we found a place on the other side of town - almost cost me as much in taxi fare as the cookies, but it was worth it. To our surprise, “Half-baked cookie lab” is owned by Mathew, from Denver! It was awesome talking to him and hearing about how he opened this business here. And the cookies were fabulous!

    Later in the evening we went to a “Water Puppet theater”. It was so unique and amazing. It’s a whole puppet show, 17 short stories in Vietnamese, done on the water! In the 11th century rice farmers would put on these shows in the rice paddies! Pretty incredible and wonderful music. Didn’t understand a word of what they were saying, but much like Opera we could understand the gist of the story by watching the actions.

    Across the street from the theater was the Red Bridge and Ngoc Son Temple, so we took a walk out to that in the pouring rain.

    Overall, Jordan said it was a fantastic birthday that will not be forgotten!

    4.2 miles
    Read more