Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 241

    Diving again

    November 17, 2022 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 82 °F

    We heading back out diving one last time together, near the Phi Phi islands. It was a beautiful, calm day on the ocean. We did three dives - a wreck, pinnacle and wall - and went very deep on al three, about 25m. Only advanced or higher divers were allowed today - the dive was more difficult - so very glad I got my advanced certification in Bali!

    These were probably the most gorgeous dives I’ve had yet - not that I have a lot to compare them to with only 12 dives under my belt, but Jordan agreed and she just hit 50 so … there was white and purple soft coral, that I’ve never seen. We saw lots of moray eels, a couple sea snakes, sea horses, and schools with thousands of fish. Crazy beautiful.

    Our dive master, Oui, was wonderful. She was so excited to show us everything she could - her enthusiasm made it so much more fun!

    The wreck we went to was a ferry that had crashed over 20 years ago. So much coral has grown on it and the massive Tsunami of 2004 apparently displaced many fish to this area, and now they call it home.

    Getting certified was a great decision. So fun to share this hobby with Jordan!

    1.5 miles
    Read more