Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 5

    Jaffa

    5 juni 2023, Israel ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Today our plan was to go to the Carmel Market, which was just a hop step and a jump away from our apartment. Then to BeinHarim Tours and finally to go to Jaffa. Marita wanted to go to BeinHarim office so she could talk to them about going to Bethlehem, as she had read that it was not safe to go there. I did tell her that so many tourist groups would not b going there if it was not safe, but then it was better to be sure. Also she wanted to know if she could wear shorts and how short they could be. ( Germans honestly)

    The Carmel Market was all I had thought it was going to be like it was colorful, noisy and the food and vegies were so fresh. Yum!!!. The container of tomatoes was about $7.00 NZ . We would never get that in NZ for that price.

    After thtat we trotted along for nearly 40 minutes with the aid of good old google maps. going there was easy, finding the shop in a building that had about 10 floors and everything is written in Hebrew was a different matter. Asked a acouple of people and it was no use. But finally got the correct floor and we were taken into the area where they normally do the bookings via the phone. It was unsua for them to have people come in person and talk to t1hem. We got a 10% discount for our trouble. :

    After that we had a drink at a cafe and then took a taxi to Jaffa. This was the area that I had walked to last morning before breakfast. We had lunch there at the port and then roamed around the streets of the old town. We asked the lady at the bakery if it was ok to take a photo, and she said as long as she was in it, I was ok to take a photo. 😊. The photo with Marita holding on to her Zodiac sign was where you had to hold the sign on the bridge walkway and look towards the sea and make a wish, and your wish would come true.

    After a while Marita wanted to go the beach, so off we went again this time with some towels to sit on the sand and watch the world go by. There were so many people yet on the beach. There was kite surfing, surfing and wind surfing there were people swimming, sun bathing making sand castles etc. It was so very nice.

    Now back in the aprtment , tomorrow for our tour to Jerusalem and BethleheIm we have to be at the pick up point at 6.40am. So it is going to be an early night. the following day after that we are going to Masada and thet Dead sea with the same tour company.
    Läs mer