Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Continuing south

    April 14 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Pretty tired for another day of riding so decided to play it safe and act the turist on e more after Christchurst...(good and bad choice there). Before leaving Rotorua had to have a look at the crankworks racing field...mtfin' HUUUUGE stuff...certainly the size of everything is lost through all the videos. Seeing it in real life is a completely different thing.
    Started driving away from Rotorua and was planning to go directly to Huka falls which is close to Taupo but for some reason when i saw the sign of Waiotapu Thermal Wonderland i just turned in. Decided to give it a go despite the fact i knew it eould be very turistic. Mudpools, geizers, hot spring and sulphur all around...an interesting site for sure. The day was very sunny and nice and all the colors of the oxides and the crystals in the water were very evident. Interesting site to see for sure. What i didnt like was the people! Pfff...didnt miss the selfish ones hunting the perfect photo in expense of everybody elses incovenience...aaaanyhow.
    I rushed through the path and rushed back in the car. Did actually passed by Huka falls at the end and had the same feeling there as well...
    So headed into Taupo, checked in the hostel and started getting ready for next days hike!
    Oh yeah...i watched rugby at the local pub over some beers!
    Kiwi style
    Read more