Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Wellington

    April 15 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌙 14 °C

    And...finally reached the capital. Final destination for the north island roadtrip.
    I arrived around 20.00 and took some time to relax from the long driving. I got a bit frustrated when i realised that most food places and bars were closing at 22.00 and that there was not a lot of ppl around despite being in the city's center.
    It was certainly a different thing the next day during the morning run where despite being early it was alot of people all around showing how vibrant of a city it is.
    Visited the Museum of New Zealand with interesting anf varied free exhibitions. NZ nature, first habitants, Maori culture and 'Galipoli: The scale of our war'.
    The last one was dedicated to NZ's participation in the first world war with a main key contribution from Weta studios (the film prop making studio that made Lord of the rings) placed large scale lifelike figures of NZ soldiers. Impressive work and amount of detail there!!!
    And after the museum and a nice drive/eat/chill towards the Oriental bay i headed to 'Weta cave'. A guided tour at the workshops of the creative studio showing how things are made combined with alot of interesting stories from the film industry!
    Inspiring!
    Read more