Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    We're certified!

    April 8, 2016 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Last day of training. Kiera luckily felt better. First dive we had to do the damn mask thing again. This time taking the whole thing off then out it back on. Panicked a little but getting better. Then we just swam around. Gorgeous and so cool to glide around. Saw some amazing fish. I missed the giant barracuda that Kiera and Tom saw.

    The 2nd dive we had one small task to do so it was basically supposed to be a fun dive. Well. There was a current and a pretty big one. It took all my focus just to keep close to Kiera. Good to know what its like though.

    Took our test and then did the same ritual of a drink at home then head to the beach. Met up with our new friends, Vivian, Georg and Thomas at Happy Vibe bar again. Bad news!

    We hung with them for a while at the beach. Then went to dinner with them and Kiera at the Box, then closed Maya. Went for a swim at the beach and more drinks in their hotel room. Needless to say we over slept, missed our boat ride and of course our flight to Bangkok. We're now about to board the next one and will have 2 hours to make the transfer. Way to leave Thailand with a bang (hopefully)!

    Update: we made the connection with 5 minutes to spare. Now in Sydney waiting for the kids to get back from school!
    Read more