Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • 1 - Animation Short Films

    28 September 2023, Amerika Syarikat

    This session highlights animated short films. Of course, I always like to add variety. Scroll down to read info on all the films for the session and click on the link to view. Some notes are after the link and are best read after viewing that short film.

    For the Birds – American - 3 minutes long
    This particular film is from Pixar, a subsidiary of Disney, renowned for its pioneering work in computer-generated animation. In 2001, it earned an Oscar for Best Animated Short Film. It was originally released in theaters alongside "Monsters, Inc." When you watch this film, pay special attention to the remarkable attention to detail in every aspect, from the visuals to the storytelling—it truly sets a high standard. I screened this film at multiple presentations festivals, and after the first one, someone humorously suggested that for the second festival, I could simply repeat this film five times to guarantee success.

    https://youtu.be/Lz3KYrPQaN0?si=yGK4DYMITeeWA6yu

    Fresh Guacamole - American - 1:40 minutes
    This film holds the distinction of being the shortest film ever nominated for an Oscar. It boasts captivating computer-generated graphics and a truly imaginative storyline. Remarkably, it has amassed over 230,000,000 views on YouTube, potentially making it one of the most-watched short films in history.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNJdJIwCF_Y

    Panyee FC – Thailand - 6 minutes long
    Hailing from Thailand, this film is presented with English subtitles. It's a delightful blend of sports and culture, offering a unique glimpse into the true story of the Panyee Youth Football Club in South Thailand. The narrative revolves around a group of boys residing in an isolated fishing village in southern Thailand. Their passion for soccer is unwavering, despite lacking a suitable place to play. However, their innovative idea takes center stage and transforms their village in ways they could have never imagined.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU4oA3kkAWU

    Harvest in Ticino – British - 3 minutes
    In 1957, the BBC produced a short documentary that made its debut on April 1st of that year. It stands as one of the most renowned April Fools' hoaxes ever orchestrated. The documentary's effectiveness was amplified by the authoritative BBC announcer, who, with his refined British accent, lent it an air of immense credibility, ultimately deceiving a significant number of individuals.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVo_wkxH9dU

    Mercedes Benz – (American) – 2 minutes
    This morning's program is sponsored by Mercedes Benz. I hate to have to do this, but I have two Mercedes commercials I have to show.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPo0t69bi4

    This is one of the most famous of Saturday Night Live commercial parodies.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k1tbf8muMc


    Man Changing a Light Bulb – United States - 2 minutes
    In 2016, this film emerged as the champion at the New York Drone Film Festival, showcasing a prime illustration of how drones have the capacity to capture visuals that would be otherwise unattainable, offering a distinctive perspective of our surroundings. This remarkable short film was filmed in the stunning landscapes of South Dakota.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1BgzIZRfT8

    I Won’t Let You Down – American - 5 Minutes
    We're about to venture outside the conventional boundaries of what we typically define as short films. Music videos have been part of our cultural landscape for over 35 years, effectively functioning as short films. While they revolve around a song, they offer boundless creative opportunities. For me, one video stands out as the pinnacle of creativity, imagination, complexity, and quality. It was created for the song "I Won't Let You Down" by the band "OK GO," released in 2014. This disco-influenced tune soared to #7 on the US Billboard charts and earned an MTV award for its remarkable video.

    Let me share some intriguing details about this video. The four singers navigate Honda personal mobility units, controlled by the riders' subtle weight shifts. The army of dancers is clad in traditional Japanese school uniforms. The video features a staggering 2,328 dancers and an equal number of umbrellas, all captured entirely by a drone. What's truly astonishing is that, despite extensive rehearsals, the video was shot as a continuous, one-take masterpiece—no scene splicing or editing involved.
    Check out other “OK GO” videos on Youtube. They are so creative.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ZB_rGFyeU

    Tanghi Argentini – Belgium – 13 minutes long
    One of my enduring short film favorites revolves around the art of Tango dancing. Crafted in 2006, this cinematic gem earned an Oscar nomination. Hailing from Belgium, this film boasts subtitles for non-native viewers. Allow me to offer a brief introduction: A man encounters a woman online, who is passionate about Tango, while he remains a novice in the dance. Their inaugural date, scheduled two weeks hence, unfolds at a Tango dance. An enchanting Yuletide narrative unfolds within this film. This serves as an exquisite illustration of how many short films deliver a captivating twist at the climax, so keep a keen eye out for that.

    This wonderful short film is available on Amazon Prime.

    https://www.amazon.com/Tanghi-Argentini-Dirk-va…
    Baca lagi