Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 129

    Fitzroy River Camp

    August 19, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 36 °C

    We met up with Tristan, Claire and Abby again today on the Fitzroy River at Yungngora Aboriginal Community. Interesting place to drive through, the people were friendly but plenty of rubbish and car bodies about.
    We took the rd towards Camballin and followed Tristan down a side track to the river looking for a suitable camp for the night. The track was pretty rough and one dry creek crossing was entered via a very steep bank. No worries getting down it, but on the journey out it was a different story. We couldn't climb it. Dave said he couldn't engage the diff lockers - they just wouldn't engage. So long story short Tristan had to winch us up. It was an anxious time for me, but the blokes thought it was good fun.
    Then I forgot to shut the fridge drawer properly and it came sliding out and landed on the floor, incredibly, nothing but a jar of Curry paste broke. Amazing, because there was 6 bottles of Corona and numerous other jars with mustard and the like in. But it did look like a curry paste bomb had gone off!!!

    We eventually found a nice place to camp above the river and had a few drinks talking over the days events.
    Read more