Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 149

    Carawine Gorge

    September 8, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    We loved this place. Perfect for kayaking, swimming and hiking up to the top of surrounding landscapes. The Gorge still has a lot of water in it and extends for about 3 kilometres. We enjoyed exploring in the the kayaks. We were camped opposite a vertical rock wall which formed one side of the Gorge, and climbed to the top of it, even though I was worrying and fretting, not about the climbing up, but about the coming down part. But I made it back safely thanks to Dave telling me where to put my feet and giving me his shoulder to hang onto. We did not climb the vertical face you can see in the photo, but found a way up the side where it would normally be a waterfall in the wet season. The view from up there was awesome.

    A couple of days later we climbed another rocky outcrop on the other side of our camp, more amazing views of the vast landscape around us. Once again I was a wimp on the downward climb, relying on my hero to lead the way. 💪😏

    We met up with Lesley and Craig again there, and spent a bit of time chatting and having a drink with them. Thoroughly enjoyed their company. Other than that, the the time there was spent cooking, washing and then reading. The little washing machine is great in places like this because there is plenty of fresh water.
    Read more