Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 98

    Leichardt River

    August 9, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    We stayed here at the Leichhardt River Falls, the falls haven’t been working for a while by the look of it. It’s very pretty here, however the fishing was non productive, or was that the fisherman? 😊🎣. We couldn’t stay more than two nights as the wind and dust drove us mad. The wind whips up the fine powdery silt that is everywhere and it got into everything including our eyes.

    Further to our story about Wayne the Wildman, he told us that his dog was attacked by a croc a couple of years ago, and it resurfaced after being pulled under by the croc. It’s leg was broken and he walked 80k carrying it and hitchhiking until he got it to a vet. The Cairns Times ran a story about it. It’s all true as I researched on google and found the article, link below.

    https://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/queensland/f…

    And Dave showed a photo of that nasty sign to the head engineer in Normanton Shire and asked if he could shed some light on the reasons why. He was furious as they knew nothing about those signs going up and they had never been consulted. He said he knew the station owners in the area and they always cause issues and problems. In fact he said they were absolute bastards and impossible to deal with. Anyway he was going to investigate and see if the signs were fair and legal.
    Read more