Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 45

    Down the Eyre peninsula we go

    October 3, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    We left Cowell and drove hard for 30k to our next camp 😂. The Knob. A beautiful but rocky piece of the coast so had to wet a line for a few days, with some success I might add, where we were joined by a seal who decided to set up camp as well.
    Then another big 30k to Arno bay , another sleepy seaside town , where we stayed behind the pub , starting to become a pattern I fear. Here we meet 3 other like minded couples so a few more days slipped by before a big farewell at the pub. We then pressed on for another few k’s to another free seaside camp ( one of many on this peninsula thanks SA ) called Carrow Well beach. Only one night here with one of the couples we met at Arno bay , we all went fishing (well the guys did the girls just yaked), but came up empty handed sadly so back to camp and a nice campfire and a pleasant evening.
    Then on to Lipson cove and there another beautiful beach and an island just off shore ( perfect ). Down with the kayak and off around the island fishing but this time again to no avail , ah well next time perhaps. Here the wind went from 3 knots to 40 knots in 5mins flat!!! survice to say that put an end of my kayaking.
    From here we went to Tumby Bay rv park for some much needed rest 😜 and of course some more washing. We went sqiding off the jetty , after we had watched a fella catching them the day before , got all the hot tips and bingo 3 squid in 10min. Another big push ( 40k’s ) to Moonlight bay , not much beach here but fantastic views and of course no fish!!
    Read more