Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 135

    Happy new year Bess is back

    January 1, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 10 °C

    Today we went for lunch at a beautiful restaurant that Andy picked and it was a good choice. We ate and drank heartily enjoying the company, and the first day of 2020. The next day we were busy, a mine tour, a platypus and seahorse tour followed by another long lunch. The self guided mine tour was at the mine that collapsed after an earthquake in the 90s in Beaconsfield. It trapped 3 miners, killing one and trapping the other two. It was a fascinating story with, thankfully, a happy ending for the 3 survivors!! Then onto the platypus display which was both entertaining as well as very informative. These fellows are beautiful to watch but just like all things in the animal kingdom they can be very nasty when their world is threatened or they are breeding. Not so the seahorses. They are so beautiful and graceful to watch. This place breeds all sorts of seahorses, l mean thousands of them , for Chinese medicine, commercial aquariums, and home aquariums. You sure can get a lot of these fellas in one tank. Ah now for lunch!!
    On the 3rd we drove up into the mountains to Liffey Falls. We went for a lovely walk down to the falls through some beautiful Tasmanian bush. All went well until Nik’s took a tumble, but she was okay , so we had lunch in the picnic area and then beat a retreat back to the creamery for a feel better exercise, which miraculously worked.
    On the 4th we did a tour of the Boag’s brewery. This brewery started in the late 1800s and until the late 1900s was owned by the Boag family. Another great tour with an excellent finish, a cheese platter to have as you tried their beers. The beer was on tap and there was plenty of cheese,
    brilliant , thanks again Andy and Nik’s for organising all these things to do.
    Read more