Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Orthez, France 2

    June 4, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 73 °F

    Wonderful little town! Just a short walk from the train station to our hotel—and dialysis location smack dab in the middle.

    I’ll post some pics. Had a delightful dinner at a creperie—after waiting for an hour because I completely forget that they don’t begin serving dinner until 7pm.

    It turns out that Sean had decided last evening that he and French cuisine were NOT going to get along. This evening changed his mind!

    He spotted.a menu item, “La Pirate” that appeared to have steak as its primary ingredient. I don’t know what it had, but it was excellent. I miscommunicated when ordering and we only got one. But Nancy will be delighted to know that I ate the entire salad they served, complete with beets!

    Then we made up for my misorder by ordering TWO dessert crepes! Ooh la la!

    All in all a great evening, even if dinner was a little later than expected. And I totally expect that Sean will be found at La Creperie (down a little alleyway) tomorrow at lunchtime while I am on dialysis.

    And note that the table base was an old sewing machine! Quaint and delightful.
    Read more